Dr. Pierre Ranger
Born in Montreal, a graduate of the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Medicine in 1979. Training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Montreal from 1979 to 1985. Overspecialty in knee ligament and arthrosis surgery in 1985 and 1986, at the Centre hospitalier universitaire de Lyon (Hôpital Jules Courmont) in France and at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden. University practice at the Hôtel-Dieu in Montreal from 1986 to 1991 and at the Sacré-Coeur Hospital of Montreal as an associate professor of surgery at the University of Montreal in the orthopedic surgery program from 1991 to this day. Head of the orthopedic surgery department and person in charge of the arthroplasty program of the Jean-Talon Hospital from 1995 to this day. His additional activities include the functions of medical director of the Clinique chirurgicale de Laval and the Clinique de médecine sportive de Laval.
Master of Clinical Sciences (M.Sc.) in knee biomechanics from the École polytechnique de l’Université de Montréal. Over 20 years of clinical expertise in sports medicine and arthroscopic knee surgery. Member of the “Canadian Arthroscopy Study Group”. Member of the International study group on the posterior cruciate ligament. Member of the Canadian group on full luxations of the knee. Orthopedic surgeon of the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Montreal. Orthopedic surgeon of the Quebec ski team, the Nationale Alpine Ski team and Cirque du Soleil athletes. Consulting orthopedic surgeon of the National Hockey League Players Association (NHL).
During these years, was a consultant for many sports teams at the provincial and national level: Montreal Marathon, Montreal Impact club soccer, the handball and gymnastics national teams, several college football and basketball teams. Orthopedic surgery consultant of the Grand Ballets canadiens. Active member of the Collège des médecins du Québec, the Canadian Orthopedic Association and the Association d’orthopédie du Québec. Many presentations and publications at the national and international level on knee ligament, arthrosis surgery, cartilage regeneration (Cargel) and synthetic ligaments (LARS).
- Doctorate of Medicine (MD) in 1979
- Medical license from the Canadian Council in 1979
- “Federal License Examination” (FLEX) in 1983
- ATLS provider certificate, American College of Surgeons in 1995
- ACLS “provider” certificate (Provider of advanced care in cardiac resuscitation) in 1983, recertification in 1995 and 2008
- Orthopaedic surgery specialty certificate (CSPQ) in 1985
- Orthopaedic surgery certificate from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) in 1985
- Master of Clinical Sciences (M.Sc.) in biomechanics of the knee, École polytechnique de l’Université de Montréal, in 1988
- Sports medicine diploma from the Canadian Academy of Sports Medicine (CASM) in 1996